Sunday 29 May 2011

Lightroom

Adobe picked the right word to name their photo management software "Adobe Lightroom" cuz Photography is all about writing with light, after all!

Lightroom? I've never used it.. I've been using Aperture since Apple launched it.. however, if i'm to be honest.. I'm missing the darkroom days.. I love getting lost in the depth of that darkness.. It is true that people cannot see anything.. but i was able to sense the darkness.. the silence.. the smell of the chemicals.. and the voices of the photographs the moment they are unveiled by the chemicals..

My thesis took the majority of my time.. but i can't just claim that it was the reason for leaving my photography gear aside.. well.. my leica.. my 5D.. my lomography cameras are all resting at my "PhD desk!" i know i can't live without photography.. Everyone might be using their mobile phone-devices as camera.. but no body can every understand the feeling of joy when using an analog photograph.. and the process of developing a film..

Sami Yusuf's video was a truly inspirational one for all photographers!

No comments:

Post a Comment